- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Nicoise Briks Recipe
|Canned tuna||6 1⁄8 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Sun dried tomatoes packed in oil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tiny capers||1 Tablespoon, drained|
|Shallots||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
|8 inch spring roll wrappers||4 (Available In Asian Markets Or Supermarkets)|
|Eggs||4 Small (Super Fresh Variety)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Lemon wedges||1 (As Desired, For Garnish)|
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 355
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 337.1 mg
Sodium 518.1 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 40 g79.3%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 16.3%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine the tuna, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, shallots, lemon juice, and pepper. Set aside.
2) Place a spring roll wrapper on a clean work surface. The point of the square should face you like a diamond.
3) In the center of the lower half of the diamond, place 2 tablespoons of the tuna mixture.
4) Use the back of the spoon to make an indentation big enough to break an egg into.
5) Gently break an egg into the center of the tuna mixture.
6) Using a pastry brush, brush the edges of the spring roll wrapper with egg white.
7) Fold the top half of the diamond over the egg and filling and press the edges together.
8) Brush the edges again with egg white, fold the edge over 1/2 inch and press gently to seal. Form 3 more packets in the same fashion.
9) In a skillet, heat about 1/4 inch vegetable oil over medium heat.
10) Using a large spatula, carefully lift the brik and place it in the hot oil.
11) Fry the brik for 2 minutes each on both sides, until brown, by turning it over.
12) Transfer to a paper towel and repeat with the remaining briks.
13) Serve immediately with lemon wedges.