- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Nicoise Briks Recipe
|Canned tuna||6 1⁄8 Ounce, drained|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Sun-dried tomatoes||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained|
|Shallots||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Spring roll wrappers||4|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 2407 Calories from Fat 2104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 238 g365.8%
Saturated Fat 33.1 g165.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 438.6 mg
Sodium 850.2 mg35.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 44 g87.6%
Vitamin A 21.9% Vitamin C 30.5%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine the tuna, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, shallots, lemon juice, and pepper. Set aside.
2) Place a spring roll wrapper on a clean work surface. The point of the square should face you like a diamond.
3) In the center of the lower half of the diamond, place 2 tablespoons of the tuna mixture.
4) Use the back of the spoon to make an indentation big enough to break an egg into.
5) Gently break an egg into the center of the tuna mixture.
6) Using a pastry brush, brush the edges of the spring roll wrapper with egg white.
7) Fold the top half of the diamond over the egg and filling and press the edges together.
8) Brush the edges again with egg white, fold the edge over 1/2 inch and press gently to seal. Form 3 more packets in the same fashion.
9) In a skillet, heat about 1/4 inch vegetable oil over medium heat.
10) Using a large spatula, carefully lift the brik and place it in the hot oil.
11) Fry the brik for 2 minutes each on both sides, until brown, by turning it over.
12) Transfer to a paper towel and repeat with the remaining briks.
13) Serve immediately with lemon wedges.