- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
|Macaroni||16 Ounce (2 packages, 8 oz. each)|
|Canned tuna||21 Ounce, drained and flaked (3 cans, 7 oz.each)|
|Whole kernel corn||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, drained (fresh, frozen or canned)|
|Peas/Baby lima beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, drained (fresh, frozen or canned)|
|Cubed cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.1 mg
Sodium 1142.2 mg47.6%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 32 g63.7%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 38.7% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375°.
2) Butter two 2 qt casseroles and place them aside.
3) In a saucepan, cook the macaroni in boiling salted water.
4) Drain the macaroni and divide in two casseroles.
5) Add tuna, corn and peas.
6) In a bowl, melt cheese in milk.
7) Season the milk with salt pepper.
8) Distribute the milk mixture in both the casseroles.
9) Slightly mix the milk with macaroni.
10) Sprinkle bread crumbs on top and dot with butter.
11) Place the casseroles inside the moderate oven to bake for 20 minutes.
12) Serve hot by sprinkling cheese on top, if desired.