- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Loaf Recipe
|Eggs||3 Large, diced|
|Eggs||3 Large, hard cooked and diced|
|Processed cheese slice||2 , cut into small squares|
|Processed cheese slice||2|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Tuna||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Chunk light tuna||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz), drained well and diced (1 Small Can)|
|French bread||2 Small, each sliced to half making 4 sections|
|French bread||2 Small (Salad Dressing - 1 Tablespoon (Or Use Mayonnaise))|
|Parsley flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salad dressing/Mayonnaise||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 191.3 mg
Sodium 351.9 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.89 g3.6%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 25 g50.8%
Vitamin A 37.1% Vitamin C 13.5%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine tuna, eggs, onion and green pepper.
2) Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) Gradually stir in salad dressing.
4) On a cookie sheet, place the sliced loaves.
5) On all 4 slices, spread the tuna mix.
6) On top, place the cheese squares.
7) With parsley flakes, sprinkle the top.
8) Broil the mix, until golden brown or until the cheese starts melting.
9) Now, arrange one section of bread on top of the other, to prepare 1 whole loaf.
10) Slice into sandwich sizes and serve fresh.