- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna In Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
|Chopped red bell peppers||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use About 2)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine/Dry red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , slivered and cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Yellow bell pepper/Green bell pepper||1 , slivered and cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Julienned carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||9 1⁄4 Ounce, drained and broken into chunks (1 Can)|
|Hot cooked rice/Hot cooked pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1617 Calories from Fat 482
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.4%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.2 mg
Sodium 1165.6 mg48.6%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g58%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.9%
Sugars 35.5 g
Protein 93 g186.7%
Vitamin A 512.1% Vitamin C 1309.2%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 69.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a skillet, to sauté the chopped bell peppers, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are well cooked.
2) Use the blender container or food processor bowl, to place vegetable mixture.
3) Cover with the lid and process to puree.
4) Return the puree to the pan.
5) Pour in wine, chicken broth, sugar and pepper to stir well.
6) Keep the mixture warm.
7) Use a 2-quart saucepan, to steam bell pepper pieces and carrot over simmering water for 5 minutes.
8) Place the steamed vegetables into sauce with tuna.
9) Cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
10) Spread the tuna mixture over pasta to serve.