- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Chowder Recipe
|Celery||375 Milliliter, diced (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Potatoes||750 Milliliter, diced (3 Cups)|
|Onions||250 Milliliter, diced (1 Cup)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Stock||750 Milliliter (3 Cups, Chicken Or Vegetable)|
|Parsley||15 Milliliter, minced (1 Tablespoon)|
|Basil||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Tofu||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Water packed tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (184 Gram)|
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.79 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.8 mg
Sodium 409.2 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 24 g47%
Vitamin A 23.6% Vitamin C 84.9%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a large saucepan or soup pot over medium high heat.
2. When hot, add vegetables and garlic to the pan and allow them to sweat.
3. Spoon in a little water and sautÃ© the vegetables until limp and water evaporates.
4. Pour in the stock and throw in bay leaves
5. Stir in the herbs and paprika.
6. Allow the stock to reach a boil
7. Reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender.
8. Remove and discard bay leaves.
9. Take pan off the heat and let the broth cool slightly.
10. In a food processor or liquidizer jar, add tofu and pour in two cups of broth without vegetables.
11. Blend on low speed until smooth.
12. Pour back into broth in pan.
13. Stir in drained tuna.
14. Heat chowder on low flame, stirring occasionally until.
15. Ladle into warm soup plates and serve hot.
16. Accompany with crusty bread if you like.