- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Casserole Recipe Video
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Pound|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Fresh mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Wide egg noodles||12 Ounce|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tuna||2 Can (20 oz), in oil|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Saltine crackers||1 Pound|
Calories 847 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.1%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.7 mg
Sodium 2127.8 mg88.7%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 50 g100.8%
Vitamin A 53.3% Vitamin C 85.3%
Calcium 48.9% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
1. Boil about 6 cups of water with the salt thrown in.
2. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth. Remove the stems and slice them.
3. Chop the onions, broccoli and shred the cheese.
4. Saute the mushrooms in a dry pan on medium heat. When the mushrooms are cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
5. Drop the butter in the pan.
6. Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes.
7. In the pan of boiling water, drop the pasta.
8. Just 2 minutes before the noodles are done add the broccoli. Drain pasta and noodles after 2 mins.
9. Drain the canned tuna.
10.In a large baking dish, empty the drained noodles and broccoli.
11.Add tuna, onions, mushrooms, cheese, milk and cream and mix it in.
12.Top with the crushed saltine crackers and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until it is browned on top.
13.Serve hot with a dash of freshly ground black pepper.