- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna And White Bean Salad Recipe
|Canned cannellini beans||15 Ounce (Undrained, 1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (The White And Part Of The Green)|
|Canned light tuna in water||7 Ounce (1 can)|
|Chopped italian parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1005 Calories from Fat 300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.2%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84 mg28%
Sodium 1501.7 mg62.6%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35%
Dietary Fiber 30.2 g120.7%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 75 g150.4%
Vitamin A 58.3% Vitamin C 116.5%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 69%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the beans with liquid on low flame or in the microwave. Keep warm.
2. In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, seasonings and the olive oil
3. Use a fork to whisk until well blended.
4. Drain the warm beans reserving liquid for another purpose if you like
5. Add them to the bowl along with scallions.
6. Stir lightly with a wooden spoon to mix thoroughly.
7. Cover and set aside for 1 hour for the flavors to be absorbed.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning and add more lemon juice if you like.
9. Just before serving, drain the tuna flake into chunks and stir into the beans.
10. Dish out on serving platter.
11. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if you like.