- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna and Macaroni Deluxe Casserole Recipe
|Macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package, Epoundsow)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|White bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Day Old)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of celery soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Undiluted)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated to make 1 cup (1 Package)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned chunk style tuna||14 Ounce (2 Cans, 7 Ounce Each, Undrained)|
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.2 mg13.7%
Sodium 438.7 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 19 g37.7%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Following directions on the package, cook macaroni; drain.
3. In a skillet, melt margarine; spoon 2 tablespoons and toss with bread cubes; keep aside.
4. In the remaining margarine, sautÃ© onion and green pepper for about 5 minutes until tender.
5. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in soup, milk, cheese and Worcestershire; mix until well blended.
6. Stir in tuna.
7. Into a 2-quart casserole, keep the drained macaroni.
8. Pour the tuna mixture over macaroni; mix gently.
9. Sprinkle prepared bread cubes on top.
10. Place the dish in the oven and bake uncovered for 30 minutes until bubbly and golden-brown.
11. Serve hot with tossed salad.