- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tulipes Glaze A L'Ananas Recipe
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Confectioner’s sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 Large, greased|
|Pineapple||1 Medium, peeled, diced|
|Vanilla ice cream||4 Cup (64 tbs) (8 Scoops)|
|Whipped cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), whipped|
Calories 632 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.4%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.2 mg
Sodium 129.9 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 57.1 g
Protein 9 g17.7%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 119.5%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper and grease with butter or oil
3. With a sauce, mark 4 circles on it
4. Into a large mixing bowl, sift together flour and sugar (reserving 2 spoons of sugar for pineapple)
5. Add egg yolks and beat in until well blended.
6. Whisk egg whites until foamy and fold into the mixture to make a batter.
7. Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture over each circle and spread evenly using the back of the spoon.
8. Bake in a 350°F oven for 5 to 6 minutes, or until edges are golden and tuiles are dry.
9. Remove from oven and using a butter knife, loosen each round from baking sheet and turn over.
10. Working quickly, mold the tuiles over the greases orange, using a kitchen napkin to hold the hot pastry.
11. Continue, baking 4 tuiles at a time, and molding them over the orange until batter is used up.
12. When cooled and hardened, place tuiles shells in an air tight container, lined with wax paper until ready to serve.
13. Place pineapple in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar and kirsch.
14. Marinate in refrigerator until ready to serve.
15. Place tuiles cups on individual dessert plates.
16. Spoon marinated pineapple into them.
17. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and garnish with rosettes of whipped cream.
18. Serve immediately before ice cream melts and pastry becomes soggy.