- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: TteokBokKi (떡볶이) Recipe Video
|Sticky rice cake sticks||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 2-inch pieces (15 sticks approx)|
|Fried fish cakes||2|
|Cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 4-inch long pieces|
|Onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), cut into 4-inch long pieces|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut diagonal 2-inch pieces|
|Green onion stalks||1 Large, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Dried anchovy||1 Packet (Optional)|
|Red pepper paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic cloves||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon (For garnishing)|
Calories 1212 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.3 mg
Sodium 2045.7 mg85.2%
Total Carbohydrates 235 g78.3%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g65.8%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 31 g61.9%
Vitamin A 116.3% Vitamin C 46.1%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 31.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium pan, add water, kelp, dried anchovy and 2 pieces of fish cake. Boil for about 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes remove the fish cakes, anchovies and kelp pieces from the broth. Retain the fish cakes for later use in the recipe.
3. Into the broth add all the ingredients for the sauce and cook it for 5 minutes.
4. To the pan now add the rice cakes, cabbage, onion and carrots into the sauce. Cook it until the cakes becomes soft.
5. Meanwhile cut the fish cakes into 2-inch pieces.
6. Once the rice cakes are soft, add the fish cakes and cook for one more minute. Add the green onions and cook for another minute and turn off the heat.
7. Remove from the heat and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top to garnish.
7. This dish is best served warm.