- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Truffle Filled Pastries Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Hazelnuts/Almonds / pecans||4 Ounce, finely ground|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||4 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Cocoa/Ground chocolate||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2791 Calories from Fat 1747
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 204 g313.3%
Saturated Fat 88 g440.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.9 mg
Sodium 88.2 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 251 g83.7%
Dietary Fiber 41 g163.9%
Sugars 97.5 g
Protein 51 g101%
Vitamin A 56.7% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 29% Iron 128%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat the oven to 350°F.
2) Using a food processor or an electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until smooth.
3) Stir in vanilla.
4) Mix in the flour, then remove the dough and divide into 20 pieces.
5) Wrap the dough pieces and chill.
6) Mix together the nuts, chocolate, and egg white.
7) With a rounded tablespoon, roll the mixture into 20 balls.
8) Flatten and press each of the chilled pastry pieces completely around a ball of filling, rolling it in your palms to get the pastry evenly around the ball.
9) On a ungreased baking sheet, place the pastry balls 1 inch apart.
10) Again chill for sometime.
11) Bake 15 to 20 minutes in middle of preheated oven until very light brown.
12) Let the pastries cool briefly, until you can handle pastry without having it crumble, then move to a wire rack to cool, or serve right away.
13) May be served hot or cold.
14) Can freeze well. Before serving reheat on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for a few minutes until warm to the touch.
15) Dust with sieved chocolate or cocoa just before serving.