- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Truffle Consomme With Puff Pastry Recipe
|Double veal consomme/Beef consomme||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Black truffles||2 Ounce, cleaned, chopped|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Puff pastry||1 Pound|
Calories 679 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.3 mg15.4%
Sodium 959.5 mg40%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.6% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a saucepan, add consomme, truffles and sherry. Bring to a simmer on low flame.
3) Pour the consumme into 4 oven-safe bowls.
4) Take the ouff pastry sheet and roll out to get a 1/8-inch thick sheet. Cut 4 circles of 6-inch size from the dough and place over the cups, securing the edges.
6) Make a small slit on the pastry sheet cover with the tip of a knife.
7) In a small bowl, beat egg yolks and salt. Brush this over the pastry sheets on all the four cups.
8) Bake for about 20 minutes.
9) Serve the Truffle Consomme With Puff Pastry hot out of the oven.
10) Serve toasted bread on the side, if desired.