- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Trout with Almonds and Red Peppers Recipe
|Red pepper||1 Large, deseeded and chopped|
|Tomatoes/Handful cherry tomatoes, halved||2 Large, roughly chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 Tablespoon Extra)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Trout fillets||10 Ounce (2 Whole, 140 Gram /5 Ounce Each)|
|Flaked almonds||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon wedges||4 (For Serving)|
|Rocket salad||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.9%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 392.3 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.6%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 36 g72.3%
Vitamin A 74.7% Vitamin C 194.5%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190 degree Centigrade.
2. In a roaasting tin, toss the pepper, tomatoes, garlic, oil and vinegar together.
3. In the pre-heated oven, roast for 20 minutes.
4. Take the roasting tin out of the oven and place the trout fillets in the gaps between the vegetables.
5. Scatter the almonds and a little salt and pepper on this.
6. Place the tin back in the oven and roast for a further 10-15 minutes, until the fish is cooked and the almonds lightly toasted.
7. Serve with a rocket leaves salad and lemon wedges to squeeze over the fish.