- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Trout With Almonds Recipe
|Blanched almonds||2 Ounce|
|Whole almonds||2 Ounce, blanched and slivered (50 Grams)|
|Seasoned flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Dredging)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , freshly squeezed|
Calories 586 Calories from Fat 347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.7%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177.3 mg
Sodium 124.5 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 51 g101.7%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 11.2%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil.
2. Take pan off the heat and add the whole, almonds to the boiling water. Allow to stand for a few minutes.
3. Drain the almonds.
4. Skin them by pressing each at the tip between the thumb and forefinger.
5. Sliver the warm blanched almonds with a sharp paring knife and set aside,
6. Gut the trout, leaving on the heads.
7. Rinse under cold water.
8. Pat the fish dry on paper toweling.
9. Dredge the fish in seasoned flour.
10. In a large frying pan, melt 2/3 of the butter over a moderate flame.
11. When the butter begins to froth, arrange the floured trout.
12. Fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown on the bottom
13. Flip over and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
14. Remove the fish from the pan to a serving platter and keep hot in a warm oven.
15. Add the remaining butter to the pan.
16. When hot add the almond sliver and sautÃ© until evenly golden and the butter is a nut brown.
17. Take pan off the heat and add lemon juice and stir well.
18. Spoon the butter and almonds over the trout, and serve at once with brown bread if you like.