- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Trout Caribbean Recipe
|Trout fillets||2 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Canned tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 773 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.2%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg
Sodium 1851.3 mg77.1%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 55 g110.5%
Vitamin A 50.8% Vitamin C 52.7%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice trout into serving-size pieces, if required.
2) In a deep frying pan, sauté onion and celery until they are soft.
3) Mix in rest of the ingredients except the fish and rice and cook for 30 minutes.
4) Take off chopped lemon, garlic and bay leaf from the mixture.
5) Add in fish and again simmer for 30 minutes.
6) Serve at once over hot cooked rice.