- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Trout Amandine Recipe
|Trout||24 Ounce, dressed and boned (2 Fishes, About 12 Oz. Each)|
|Silvered almonds||1 Ounce (1/3 Cup)|
|Butter flavored mix||1⁄2 Ounce (Butter Buds,1 Packet)|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon (To Taste)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 611 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.5%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 197.3 mg65.8%
Sodium 716.4 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.88 g3.5%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 74 g147.5%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 29.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F
2. On a baking tray, spread the almonds.
3. Toast in the oven for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Remove and tip into a bowl and keep aside. .
5. Combine the BUTTER BUDSÂ® with 1/2 cup (4 fluid ounces) hot water, pepper, parsley and almond extract.
6. Arrange fish in a baking dish.
7. Pour the butter mixture over the fish.
8. Bake the fish for about 20 to 25 minutes until it flakes easily with a fork.
9. Scatter toasted almonds over the fish.
10. Serve accompanied by mashed potatoes and sautÃ©ed vegetables on the side.