- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Exotic Rice With Tropical Fruits Recipe Video
|Long grain rice/Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Papaya||1⁄2 , scooped|
|Canned pineapple chunks||8 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 , finely chopped|
|Star fruit||1 , sliced into star-shaped slices|
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 866 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.5%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g122.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.6 mg
Sodium 569.5 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.9%
Sugars 29.1 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 36.6% Vitamin C 150%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop 1/3 papaya scoops and pineapple chunks and set aside for the rice. Reserve the rest for the fruit salad.
2) In a medium size pot, add the rice in chicken stock or water with 1 tablespoon butter over a medium heat and bring to a boil.
3) Then lower the heat to a simmer, stir once, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for about 20 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, in another pan saute the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter over a medium-low heat for just a few minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, stir often until soft and lightly golden.
5) In another pan, toast some of the coconut stirring continuously over a medium heat until golden.
6) After the rice is cooked, stir the papaya, pineapple, onion and garlic into the rice until thoroughly mixed.
7) In a bowl, combine rest of the pineapple, papaya, toasted coconut and a little of the pineapple juice to make a cool exotic fruit salad.
8) Garnish the rice with star fruit slices and serve with the fruit salad.