- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tropical Yogurt Snack Recipe
|Banana||3 Ounce, peeled (1/2 Medium)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Kiwi fruit||3 Ounce, pared (1 Piece)|
|Shredded toasted coconut||2 Tablespoon (Divided)|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.8 mg
Sodium 87.5 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 27.7 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 75.3%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a small mixing bowl to add banana and lemon juice. Mash the banana to smooth, with the help tines of fork.
2) Add yogurt and sugar. Combine well by stirring.
3) Make 2 thin slices from the kiwi and place it aside.
4) Add the remaining kiwi into yogurt mixture. Combine well.
5) Fold in 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon coconut to yogurt mixture. Stir to combine.
6) Use 2 8-ounce dessert dishes or wineglasses to spoon yogurt mixture evenly.
7) Cut the reserved slice of kiwi fruit in half and arrange 2 halves on each dessert.
8) Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of remaining coconut on each serving.
9) Immediately serve or place into refrigerator to chill by covering with plastic wrap.