- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tropical Salsa and Jalapeno Mashed Potatoes Recipe Video
|Mixed fresh fruits||1 Pound, chopped (for tropical salsa)|
|Red onion||1 Medium, chopped finely (for tropical salsa)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped finely (for tropical salsa)|
|Jalapeno||2 Medium, mince (for tropical salsa)|
|Lime juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for tropical salsa)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for tropical salsa)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (for tropical salsa)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (for tropical salsa)|
|Fish||1 Pound (for fish)|
|Chili arriba||1 Tablespoon (for fish)|
|Taste of tokyo||1 Tablespoon (for fish)|
|Yukon potatoes||2 Pound (for mashed potatoes)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (for mashed potatoes)|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon, room temperature (for mashed potatoes)|
|Fat free half and half/Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for mashed potatoes)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (for mashed potatoes)|
|Fresh chives||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (for mashed potatoes)|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon (for mashed potatoes)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (for mashed potatoes)|
Calories 2019 Calories from Fat 893
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g162.4%
Saturated Fat 36.3 g181.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.5 mg
Sodium 5156.3 mg214.8%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.9%
Sugars 28.1 g
Protein 56 g112.9%
Vitamin A 76.9% Vitamin C 91.9%
Calcium 34.3% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For tropical salsa, in a large bowl put mixed fruits (mango, banana, pineapple, papaya, tomato or any fruit of your choice), and red onion.
2. Add cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, olive oil, sea salt and pepper to it. Mix it well.
3. For fish, place the fish on tray and sprinkle seasoning on it.
4. On a nice hot grill pan, spray little olive oil, and cook fish for about 10 min.
5. For mashed potatoes, in a large saucepan put potatoes. Add water to cover them. Sprinkle kosher salt. Bring the water to boil, and simmer.
6. Cook potatoes for about 45 min. Pierce a knife and check if it is cooked.
7. Take out seeds and white membrane from jalapeno. Blanch it for 90 seconds in boiling water. Take them out and chop into pieces.
8. Rinse water from potatoes, and mash them well. If you desire you can peel off the skin.
9. Boil and reduce half and half or milk. Put it in the saucepan with mashed potatoes.
10. Add butter and a pinch of sugar to it.
11. Throw in jalapeno. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Add fresh chives and cheddar cheese. Mix well.
12. Transfer mashed potatoes on a serving plate, place fish on it, top it with salsa and serve immediately.