- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tropical Pineapple Recipe
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), halved|
|Fruit sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 1013 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 117.3 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 261 g86.8%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.7%
Sugars 179.6 g
Protein 12 g24.3%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 1090.3%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 450°F before broiling.
2) Quarter pineapples lengthwise right through the green leaves.
3) Core and slice fruit in small pieces.
4) Cover pineapple and strawberries with rum and fruit sugar and chill in refrigerator.
5) In a foil, wrap the green leaves and arrange the shells on a cookie sheet in refrigerator.
6) On a waxed paper, scoop 4 balls of sherbet and freeze.
7) Beat egg whites and slowly add in sugar and salt to form a stiff meringue just two hours before serving.
8) In the chilled shells, spoon partially drained pineapple and strawberries.
9) Top with a scoop of sherbet and freeze it after covering completely with meringue.
10) Immediately before serving, broil this for 4 minutes in preheated oven until lightly browned.
11) Peel off the foil from leaves and serve at once.