- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tropical Peanut Squares Recipe
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice cereal||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Toasted For 6 Minutes At 350° F)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2302 Calories from Fat 999
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183.6%
Saturated Fat 61.1 g305.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1300.8 mg54.2%
Total Carbohydrates 308 g102.6%
Dietary Fiber 21.5 g86.2%
Sugars 151.9 g
Protein 37 g74.4%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 38.6%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 62.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large saucepan and put corn syrup and sugar into it.
2) Cook this over medium heat stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar, until the mixture bubbles.
3) Add in peanut butter after removing from heat.
4) Stir in cereal and coconut until well coated.
5) Take an 8x8x2 inch pan and press the mixture evenly into it with the back of a spoon.
6) Cut into squares after cooling.
7) Serve with coffee.