- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tropical Broiled Chicken Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken quarters||4|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Canned crushed pineapple with juice||8 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, finely minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely minced|
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.4%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.5 mg
Sodium 547 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 33 g65.5%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the chicken for boiling break its joints so that it lies flat while broiling.
2. On broiler pan place chicken skin side down, set temperature control at Broil and arrange oven rack such that chicken is about 5 inches from heat.
3. Broil for about 20 minutes more such that light brown, then turn and broil about 20 minutes more such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
4. In small saucepan mix cornstarch and ginger and stir in pineapple and juice, orange juice, soy sauce, lemon juice, lime juice, honey, onion and garlic.
5. Let it cook with constant stirring over low heat about 5 minutes such that the sauce thickens.
6. Over chicken the last 5 minutes of broiling time spoon pineapple mixture.
7. Serve hot with garnish as desired.