- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tropical Bars Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), melted|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , well beaten|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sifted|
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.7 mg
Sodium 59.6 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 44 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 0.98%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 300°.
2) Take a baking pan of dimensions 13-x 9- x 2-inch and flour it after greasing it well.
3) Mix the butter thoroughly with ½ cups of sugar powder and 2 cups of flour.
4) Bake the mixture by placing it in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
5) Take a bowl and mix the remaining 7 ingredients in it.
6) Spread the mixture over the baked layer while it is hot.
7) Bake until it becomes firm or for 40-45 minutes more.
8) Sprinkle it with sugar and serve after cutting it into bars.