- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Trirangi Katlis - Kaju Badam Pista Katlis -TriColor Cashew Almond Recipe Video
|Cashew nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pistachio nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|For the kaju-badam katli|
|Cashew powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Kesar||1 Pinch, ground|
|Yellow food colour||2 Drop|
|For the pistachio katli|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pistachio powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ghee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 680 Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.2%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.9 mg
Sodium 4.5 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 39.2 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a dry blender, add the cashews, almonds and pistachio one at a time and blend separately into a powder.
2. Using a sieve, sift each flour in separate bowls until an even and fine consistency of powder is achieved.
3. For the Kaju badam katli: In a pot over medium high, add water, sugar and bring it to a boil. Boil this mixture until it forms one thread consistency.
4. Once done, add and combine together the cashew and almond powder. Mix well and stirring continuously cook for about 8 minutes or until it reaches a thick consistency to make katlis.
5. Divide this mixture in two plates. In one plate of the kaju-badam mixture, stir in the kesar and the yellow food color. Mix well and set aside to let the mixtures dry completely.
6. For the pista katli: In another pot over medium high heat, add water, sugar and bring it to a boil. Boil this mixture until it forms one thread consistency.
7. Once done, add and combine the pista powder well. Cook this mixture for about 8 minutes or until it reaches a thick consistency to make katlis.
8. Once done, transfer the mixture into a plate and let it dry completely. After the mixture has dried, make the dough into a ball by using ghee and make sure there are no cracks. Then flatten them out.
9. Take 2 sheets of wax paper and place the 3 flattened out dough's one on top of the other, in any order in between the wax papers. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough's to form a quarter inch thick flat dough. Then take a sharp knife and make diagonal cuts or any other form of design for your katli.
10. Serve the katlis garnished with finely chopped cashew or almond.
11. Or decorate the surface with an edible silver foil.