- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Triple Oat Cookies Recipe Video
|Oat bran||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||2 Tablespoon|
|Omega 3 egg||50 Gram (1 standard size egg)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Finely Chopped)|
|Large-flake rolled oats||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Steel cut oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5305 Calories from Fat 1497
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 170 g261.7%
Saturated Fat 18 g90%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 215.9 mg
Sodium 425 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 845 g281.6%
Dietary Fiber 102.4 g409.5%
Sugars 291.9 g
Protein 133 g266.6%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 84.3% Iron 211.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat together the brown sugar, oil, and granulated sugar in a large bowl.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla until the mixture thickens slightly and is sort of smooth.
4. Stir together the large-flake oats, flour, steel-cut oats, oat bran. Wheat germ, cinnamon, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add the dates and toss until they are coated with the oat mixture.
5. Add the oat mixture to the sugar mixture, and stir with a large spoon until the dough comes together.
6. Wash your hands and roll up your sleeves. You have to use your hands to finish mixing this; the heat from your hands helps meld all the ingredients together. The dough will be very stiff so some elbow grease is required.
7. When the dough is mixed, scoop out 1 tbsp. dough, roll it between your palms, and place the ball on one of the prepared baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing out the balls about 1 inch apart.
8. When you have finished scooping out the balls of dough, lightly press down on them with your palm to flatten them.
9. Bake until lightly browned for 14 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove the cookies and let them cool completely on wire racks.
10. Serve Triple Oat Cookies with milk and enjoy!