- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Triple Chocolate Truffle Torte Recipe Video
|For the base|
|For the milk chocolate layer|
|Milk chocolate||200 Gram (good quality)|
|For the white chocolate layer|
|White chocolate||200 Gram|
|For the plain chocolate layer|
|Chocolate||200 Gram (Plain good quality)|
Calories 696 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.3%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.3 mg9.8%
Sodium 265.7 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 61.3 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Start by separating the Oreo cookies from the middle. Scrape off the filling and discard it.
2. In a large bowl, place the cookie bowls and mash them down to crumbs.
3. Melt 60 grams of butter (in a pan or microwave) and pour on the cookie crumbs.
4. Mix well to coat the crumbs in molten butter.
5. Take a round tin which is 20 cm in diameter and 6 cm deep. Grease the bottom of the pan if it is loose and can be detached. Otherwise line the pan with foil.
6. Press the cookie crumbs tightly on to the bottom of the pan.
7. For the Milk Chocolate layer: In a pan, heat the cream just till it comes to a bubble. Remove from heat.
8. Break the milk chocolate up into the hot cream and stir until dissolved and mixed.
9. Add in the butter and keep stirring until it’s melted down.
10. Pour into your tin, on top of the cookie crumbs.
11. Set aside in the refrigerator for about an hour, until set.
12. For the white chocolate layer: In a pan, heat the cream just till it comes to a bubble. Remove from heat.
13. Break the white chocolate up into the hot cream and stir until dissolved and mixed.
14. Add in the butter and keep stirring until it’s melted down. Before adding in the butter and stir once again to melt it completely.
15. Allow to stand for a few minutes to cool a little and then gently pour over the milk chocolate layer.
16. Return to the refrigerator and allow to set for about an hour.
17. For the Plain Choclate layer: In a pan, heat the cream just till it comes to a bubble. Remove from heat.
18. Crumble the milk chocolate up into the hot cream and stir until dissolved and mixed.
19. Add in the butter and keep stirring until it’s melted down.
20. Gentle pour over the white chocolate layer.
21. Return to the refrigerator and allow toset overnight.
22. Leave in the refrigerator until ready to serve – either pop out of the tin or carefully lift out by grabbing an edge of the foil. Peel off the foil and serve on a plate. Cut into slices, garnish with your choice of fruit and enjoy.