- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Triple Bean Bake Recipe
|Bacon fat||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Catsup/Barbecue sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rhubarb||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Canned pork and beans||2 Pound (1 Can)|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can, Liquid Saved)|
|Canned garbanzo beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can, Liquid Saved)|
Calories 540 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.2 mg
Sodium 2283.1 mg95.1%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.2%
Dietary Fiber 23 g91.9%
Sugars 42.7 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 50.3%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 300° F.
2) In a skillet, saute the bacon until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon, crumble and keep aside.
3) In the same skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in the bacon fat until softened.
4) In a bowl, mix the molasses, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and catsup together.
5) In a greased 3-quart casserole, mix the rhubarb and 3 kinds of beans together, mix well.
6) Stir in the onion mixture, bacon and seasoning mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated for about 30 minutes until thoroughly heated, add the bean liquid if needed.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.