- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Trinidad Chicken Recipe
|Chicken breasts||8 , boned and flattened with cleaver so that they look like veal cutlets|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Angostura bitters||2 Teaspoon|
|Bananas||3 Medium, peeled|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.4%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g46.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 182.3 mg
Sodium 329.3 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 48 g95.7%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sprinkle each of the chicken breasts with ¼ teaspoons of curry powder.
2. Add the Angostura bitters to it and spread it evenly with your fingers.
3. Roll a slice of prosciutto over1/3 of the banana and then roll it into the chicken breasts with the ends folded under.
4. Refrigerate for 3 hours after covering them.
5. Preheat an oven by setting it to 400°F
6. Take a bowl and beat the eggs in it.
7. Give the chicken a dusting of flour before dipping it into the egg.
8. Roll it within a coconut.
9. Drain the liquid while reserving the slices of lemon.
10. Take a pan and heat olive oil.
11. Brown it by turning it over once.
12. Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes.
13. Serve along with Pineapple Sauce and Rum.