- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Triglie Alla Calabrese Recipe
|Capers||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon, washed, drained|
|Slivered black olives||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red mullets/Red snappers||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, cleaned leaving heads and tails on|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||2 , crumbled (scant)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 112.8 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.49 g2%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 1 g2%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425F.
2) In a heavy pan, melt 2 ounce of butter over a low flame. When the butter changes colour without burning, add in the capers and olives.
3) Take the pan off the flame.
4) Meanwhile, clean the fish under cold running water. Pat the fish dry with kitchen towels.
5) Sprinkle salt on the insides of the fish.
6) In a large, shallow baking dish heat oil and the remaining butter in the oven.
7) Add in the oregano and black pepper. Stir well. Add in the fish into the herbed fat and turn them around to coat well.
8) Place the baking dish in the middle of the oven. Keep basting the fish with the herbed fat every 5 minutes.
9) Bake the fish for 30 minutes till the fish is firm to touch.
10) Transfer the fish onto a serving plate using a fish slice.
11) In a small saucepan, warm the prepared caper sauce. Add in lemon juice and parsley. Stir well.
12) Plate the fish and pour the seasoned caper sauce over it. Serve teh Triglie Alla Calabrese immediately.