- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tricolor Farfalle with Tomato Sauce Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Spanish onion||1 Small, peeled and diced|
|Basil||1 Teaspoon, dried|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, dried|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Canned plum tomatoes||35 Ounce, roughly chopped (1 Can)|
|Plain farfalle/Vegetable farfalle||1 Pound|
|Parmesan||4 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 580 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.2 mg3.4%
Sodium 910.6 mg37.9%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.9%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 22 g44.9%
Vitamin A 37.7% Vitamin C 75.1%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a Dutch oven, saute the garlic in the olive oil over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until soft and fragrant.
2) Stir in the onion and a pinch of salt, saute until soft.
3) Stir in the basil, oregano and thyme, saute for another 2 minutes.
4) Pour in the water and simmer over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
5) Stir in the tomatoes, bring the sauce to a boil, then simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
6) Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
7) Cook the pasta in lightly salted, boiling water for about 8 minutes until the pasta is tender, drain.
8) Place the pasta equally on 4 serving plates, spoon the sauce equally over each, sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan and serve immediately.