- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lobster Treat Recipe
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Lemon||1 , quarters|
Calories 478 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 441.1 mg
Sodium 1500.9 mg62.5%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 86 g172.5%
Vitamin A 78.1% Vitamin C 33.1%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, place onion, celery, carrot and vinegar in salted water and bring it to boil.
2. Add live lobsters into the boiling water and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Let the lobsters stand in cooking liquids until cool.
4. Remove the lobsters and discard the cooking liquids or use for making stews.
5. Split the lobster into half and discard unwanted parts.
6. Apply melted butter over the lobster and season with salt.
7. Using a charcoal broil or hot broiler, cook the lobsters for 15 minutes.
8. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and melted butter or with tomato sauce.
9. It can also be served cold with mayonnaise.