- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Triangles With Two Mushroom Filling Recipe
|Dried shiitake mushrooms||1 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound, chopped|
|Dry madeira||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Phyllo dough||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Clarified butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 256 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.5 mg
Sodium 439.1 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter in the oil over moderate heat. When the foam subsides, add the shallots and saute until softened but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add the chopped fresh mushrooms, increase the heat to moderately high and cook, stirring, until the juices evaporate and the pieces separate, about 5 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°. Drain the shiitake mushrooms and squeeze dry. Cut off and discard the woody stems. Chop the caps and add them to the skillet.
4. Add the Madeira and cook until reduced to a glaze, about 5 minutes. Add the vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add the bread crumbs and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes longer. Remove the skillet from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
5. Lay one sheet of phyllo on a flat work surface. Brush lightly with clarified butter, cover with a second sheet of phyllo and butter the top sheet. Cut the layered phyllo crosswise into 2-inch strips. Working quickly with one strip at a time, spoon a heaping teaspoon (1 1/2 teaspoons) of the filling onto the bottom of the strip. Fold up using the classic flag-folding technique. Place on a buttered baking sheet and brush the tops with clarified butter.
6. Bake in the top third of the oven for 10 minutes. Brush again with butter. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer, until the triangles are golden brown.