- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Triangle Roti Paratha Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Use according to your taste)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ghee||1 Teaspoon, divided (A drop or two used per roti - Regular butter may also be used)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For dusting)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (as needed to cook roti)|
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.9%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.4 mg1.1%
Sodium 244.7 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.8%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.7% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Tava
2. Roller pin and board
3. A rack to keep over the stove - while roasting the rotis/parathas
1. In a bowl, add whole wheat flour, salt and mix lightly with your hands to blend in the salt.
2. Add about 4 to 5 tablespoons of oil and mix again.
3. Gradually add water and knead the dough to form a semi-soft dough. Once done, cover the dough and let it rest for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
4. After about 20 minutes, take the dough and smooth the surface out with a little ghee (clarified butter).
5. Take small portions from the dough (a size slightly bigger than a golf ball), roll it and fatten it between your palms. Dust it using the flour and using a roller pin, roll out the dough into a 3-inch diameter round.
6. Put a drop or two of ghee in the center, sprinkle with some flour and fold into half and then into a triangle.
7. Roll again retaining the triangle shape.Similarly roll all the rotis. (While rolling the rotis, keep the remaining dough covered to prevent it from getting dry).
8. Preheat a tava on the stove and bake the rotis or parathas on it on a medium heat, flipping sides when you see the bubbles. Drizzle a few drops of oil on the edges when flipping sides.
9. Serve the parathas warm with any Indian dish.
For a fat free option, you can bake soft dry rotis (without drizzling oil) and lastly you can remove from the tava and bake directly on the stove above the rack as shown in the video.