- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tri-Colour Chutney Combo Recipe
|For tomato chutney:|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
|Curry leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Urad dhal||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For coconut chutney:|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Green chillies||2 Medium|
|For coriander chutney:|
|Coriander leaves, chopped||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red chillies||2 Medium|
Calories 127 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 222.8 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 42.3% Vitamin C 161.7%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
For Tomato Chutney:
1. Heat a pan with oil and once it is heated, add urad dhal, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and sauté them for two minutes.
3. Add chili powder and salt and sauté the tomatoes until they are completely cooked.
4. Cool the mixyure and grind them in a mixer to become a fine paste.
For Coconut Chutney:
5. Grind the grated coconut with green chilies, garlic and salt.
6. Heat a pan with oil and once it is heated, add urad dhal, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
7. Add the grated mix to the pan and sauté for a minute. Switch off and allow to cool.
For Coriander Chutney:
8. Heat a pan with oil and once it is heated, add urad dhal, red chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
9. Add chopped coriander leaves to the pan and sauté them for two minutes.
10. Add salt and sauté the contents until they are completely cooked.
11. Cool the contents and grind them in a mixer.
12. Best served with Idli or Dosa.