- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tri-colored Carrot Rice Pudding Recipe
|Rice grains||2 Cup (32 tbs), boiling|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green gram||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 827 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.6%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.9 mg
Sodium 91.7 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 169 g56.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.1%
Sugars 63.2 g
Protein 25 g49.6%
Vitamin A 58.1% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 30.1% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grate carrot and put to boil.
2) Thoroughly clean the rice and drain away the extra water.
3) Make smooth paste of green gram.
4) In a hot aluminium skillet, boil some water and then add measured quantity of milk. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
5) Next, add rice to this and sugar. Keep stirring.
6) While the rice cooks at the medium flame, heat ghee in another pan.
7) Add the boiled carrots and mix little sugar or splenda.
8) Make sure to cook this mixture for 5 minutes, overcooking can ruin your ingredients.
9) Now add some green gram paste to the same pan after scooping out the carrot and sugar paste.
10) Add some sugar and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
11) Mix the cooked rice and milk separately to the carrot mix and green gram mix.
12) Layer the carrot and rice mix first on the dish, then put plain rice and milk and then follow by layering green gram and rice mix at the bottom.
13) Serve hot or cold in a large porcelain dish with some nuts and raisins.