- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Trench Peas Recipe
|Green onions||1 , diced|
|Canned water chestnuts||5 Ounce, drained and sliced|
|Peas||10 Ounce, frozen (1 Packet)|
|Lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely shredded|
|Chicken broth/Water||3 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 114 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 0.55 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 332.4 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 55%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the frozen green peas as per packet instructions.
2) In a saucepan, heat oil, add green onions and lettuce and saute on low flame.
3) After 5 minutes, add in the flour and broth and stir well to make sure the flour doesn't thicken into lumps.
4) As the mixture begins to thicken, mix in the cooked peas and drained water chestnuts.
5) Season with salt.
6) Serve the Trench Peas hot as a side dish.