- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Treasure Chest Pie Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Egg white||1 , beaten|
|Cooked raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mincemeat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), broken|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), broken|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Brandy||1 Tablespoon (Jack)|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
|Sweet pastry dough||50 Gram (To Make Lattice)|
Calories 759 Calories from Fat 419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.1%
Saturated Fat 19.7 g98.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.6 mg49.9%
Sodium 380.3 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 47.8 g
Protein 11 g22.9%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Roughly chop the raisins, mincemeat and nuts and combine in a bowl along with salt.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter and beat with a wire whisk or and electric mixer until mixture is soft and creamy.
5. Add the egg yolks and beat until well blended in the creamed mixture.
6. Fold in the mincemeat - nut mixture.
7. Add the orange juice, vanilla, and brandy and stir well to get a smooth mixture.
8. In a clean dry, cool bowl, add the egg whites and whisk until stiff.
9. Add the stiff egg whites to the custard and gently fold in.
10. Spoon this custard in the unbaked pie shell in a pie pan, spreading evenly.
11. Roll out the sweet pastry on a flour dusted board into thick even size strips.
12. Make a lattice pattern over the pie, pressing the pastry at the edges.
13. Place pie pan on a baking sheet and then in the preheated oven.
14. Bake the pie for 15 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes until the filling is set and the pastry is golden brown.
15. Remove and leave to cool.
16. Remove the pie from the pan and place on a serving plate.
17. Serve it warm or chill well before serving.
18. Slice into equal size wedges and use a pastry slicer to serve onto individual plates.