- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Traditional Sweet Potato Pie Recipe Video
|Mashed cooked sweet potatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), firmly packed|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||2 , well beaten|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unbaked pie 9-inch pie crust||1|
|Whipped cream||30 Gram (Optional)|
Calories 440 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.5%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.8 mg
Sodium 465.3 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 48.1 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 120.3% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 10% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needaluminum strips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together mashed cooked sweet potatoes, light brown sugar, milk, well-beaten eggs, salt, and ground cinnamon. Beat well, until completely blended.
3. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Cover the top outer edge of the pie crust with strips of aluminum foil to protect it from burning.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, and bake 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Serve warm or cold. Place a dollop of whipped cream on top of each piece of pie, if desired.
This is a gorgeous pie, and it tastes wonderful. It is a perfect addition to your holiday table! Enjoy! Love, Betty