- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kimchi Chronicles Yukgaejang Recipe Video
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef brisket||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked and sliced (lean beef)|
|Fern||2 Cup (32 tbs) (royal fern)|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Leeks||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in 2" pieces|
|Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Umma paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Moong sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.8 mg
Sodium 549.6 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 16 g31.9%
Vitamin A 43.6% Vitamin C 32%
Calcium 5% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, heat up sesame oil and add in the beef slices and stir for 2 minutes to coat the beef with oil.
2. Add in layers the royal fern, onions and leeks, over the beef.
3. Pour the beef broth and umma paste on top, stir well and bring to a boil.
4. Allow to simmer for 30 to 35 minutes and then add in the moong beans.
5. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot in a warm soup bowl.