- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Traditional Carnival Sweet Recipe
|Pine nuts||150 Gram|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop (Few Drops Required)|
|Glace cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|American frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For butter cream:|
|Icing sugar||300 Gram|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop|
Calories 2061 Calories from Fat 790
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.9%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 292.4 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 304 g101.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 239.1 g
Protein 19 g38.7%
Vitamin A 40.5% Vitamin C 0.59%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl make butter cream by beating butter and sugar till light and add the vanilla essence.
2. In a bowl over a pan of boiling water place the egg whites, sugar and water and with a rotary whisk beat until stiff.
3. Remove from heat, cool and when cool fold the egg mixture into the butter cream adding 3/4 of the pine nuts.
4. Oiling a pudding basin, place sponge fingers cut into bite size pieces with the butter cream mixture in layers.
5. Let it stand overnight or place in fridge for about 2 hours, then turn out and cover with American frosting.
6. With the remaining pine nuts, cherries and chocolate and decorate serve.