- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Traditional Bread Stuffing Recipe
|Bread loaf||1 Pound (For Garnish)|
|Celery stalks||4 Medium|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered (Tabouleh Stuffing:)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||1 , dissolved (Tabouleh Stuffing:)|
|Poultry seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Tabouleh Stuffing:)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Part Skim)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2678 Calories from Fat 1360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 155 g238.4%
Saturated Fat 91.2 g456%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 362.9 mg
Sodium 7641.9 mg318.4%
Total Carbohydrates 277 g92.3%
Dietary Fiber 23.7 g95%
Sugars 24.2 g
Protein 54 g108.1%
Vitamin A 114% Vitamin C 69.8%
Calcium 64.7% Iron 107.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Crumb bread and keep aside in a large container.
3. Using a knife blade fitted to a mixer bowl, chop parsley coarsely.
4. Mix with bread crumbs.
5. Take a disc fitted with mixer bowl with slicing side facing up, slice vegetables.
6. Take a 12 inch skillet, add butter and melt it.
7. Add vegetables and saute till soft.
8. Mix in dissolved bouillon liquid along with seasonings with vegetables.
9. Using a knife blade fitted with a mixer bowl, coarsely chop giblets.
10. Add vegetable mixture and giblets to bread and toss to combine well.
11. Stuff the bird, as desired, as roast as usual.
12. Take a casserole, grease well.
13. Add leftover mixture to it.
14. Cover and bake for 40 t0 45 minutes.
15. Place roasted bird in a large serving plate and arrange roasted stuffing mixture around it.
16. Serve immediately.