- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Total Omelette Recipe
|Tillamook cheese/Other sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
|Butter stick||1⁄8 Pound (1/2 stick)|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Green onions||5 , chopped (including tops)|
|Fresh mushrooms||10 , sliced|
|Tomatoes||3 , chopped, with skins, seeds and all|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 566 Calories from Fat 413
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.8%
Saturated Fat 22.8 g114%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 511.1 mg
Sodium 507.6 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 30 g59.6%
Vitamin A 71.5% Vitamin C 91.1%
Calcium 49.6% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In an iron skillet, saute the green pepper, onions and mushrooms in 1/2 stick butter, until the pepper and onions are soft and the mushrooms are lightly browned.
2) Stir in the tomatoes, and allow to simmer over a low heat for a few minutes.
3) In a bowl, beat the eggs with a wire whisk and stir in water.
4) In another iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, then pour in half the eggs and allow to cook, lifting off the edges, until almost set.
5) Sprinkle the omelette with half of the grated cheese and fold it over.
6) Slice and halve the omelette, cook for another 1 minute, then transfer on a warm plate.
7) Repeat with rest of the eggs and grated cheese to make another omelette.
8) Spoon the tomato sauce over each serving, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.