- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Latino Style, Rotis, Chapatti, Phulkas or Flour Tortillas Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄6 Cup (18.67 tbs) (1/6 cup for rolling)|
|Luke warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 244.4 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.7% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Pour lukewarm water. Mix well using your hands.
2. Add a little bit of flour and knead the dough until smooth.
3. Pour oil into the dough and knead again. Place the dough in a bowl, cover and leave aside for 10-15 minutes.
4. Make lemon sized balls with the dough. Dip each ball in the flour and roll out into thin circles using a rolling pin.
5. In a wide nonstick pan over medium high heat, put the chapatti and fry for 2 minutes.
6. Place a grill over the flame and transfer the chapatti from pan to the grill.
7. Let it puff up then flip using a pair of tongs and cook the other side.
8. Remove the chapatti from heat and apply butter on top. Repeat these steps with all the balls.
9. Serve the hot Chapattis with curried vegetables or chicken.