- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Tortillas Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 699 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.2%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 588.6 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 11.3% Iron 33%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the water and prepare uniform dough.
3. On a floured board knead the dough for several times until it becomes soft and non-sticky. Use a cutter to cut the dough into small pieces. Make round shaped ball from these pieces with your palms.
4. Put some more flour over the wooden board and roll the dough balls into flat and thin circular tortillas.
5. Place a large frying pan over stovetop to heat and on that cook the tortillas one at a time.
6. Flip the tortilla to the other side, when you see that the bubbles are coming up. Put a heavy pan over the tortilla for 15 sec and then remove. When both the sides of the tortilla are properly done, keep it in a covered bowl.
For more information please visit: http://www.idontcallmemartha.blogspot.com