- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tortilla Wheels With Pineapple Salsa Recipe
|Cream cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green chili||1 , seeded and chopped finely|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 , seeded and chopped finely|
|Scallions||4 , chopped finely|
|Yellow pepper||1 , seeded and chopped finely|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Black mustard seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple slice||4 , chopped|
|Red onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Pineapple slices||4 , chopped|
|Green chili||1 Small, seeded and chopped finely|
|Red onion||1 Small, seeded and finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , finely diced|
|Green chili||1 Small, seeded and finely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2524 Calories from Fat 1327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 150 g231.2%
Saturated Fat 75.7 g378.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 376.2 mg
Sodium 3981.2 mg165.9%
Total Carbohydrates 236 g78.8%
Dietary Fiber 28.5 g114%
Sugars 81 g
Protein 72 g144.4%
Vitamin A 283.4% Vitamin C 818.7%
Calcium 135.7% Iron 73.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the filling by whisking the cream cheese with a wooden spoon until creamy and stirring in the remaining ingredients for filling.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet and add mustard seeds to it.
3. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the seeds begin to pop. Tip out into a bowl and let cool.
4. Grate orange rind without the pith.
5. Peel the orange, segment, discarding pith and seeds and chop the pulp into small pieces.
6. Preheat the oven to 400°F before baking the tortillas.
7. On a clean work surface, arrange 4 tortillas.
8. Spoon 1/8 of the prepared filling over each of them and spread evenly.
9. Cover the tortillas with another tortilla and spread remaining cheese filling on top.
10. Roll each stack tightly to form 4 logs.
11. Cover each in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
12. In the meantime prepare the salsa by combine the orange, rind, mustard seeds remaining ingredients in a serving bowl.
13. Toss well and let stand until ready to serve.
14. Unwrap chilled tortillas.
15. Thinly slice the ends and discard.
16. Slice each roll into 8 equal thick slices.
17. Arrange them on baking sheets and place in preheated oven.
18. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until well golden.
19. Arrange on a platter.
20. Serve the Tortilla Wheels with the Pineapple Salsa on the side.