- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tortilla Soup with Chicken and Ancho Chile Recipe Video
|Tomato||2 Large, chop|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Red onions||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Tortilla chips||250 Gram, cut into strips|
|Regular salt||To Taste|
|Long grain brown rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole chicken||250 Gram, cooked, shredded|
|Oaxaca cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Avocado||1 , chop|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 721 Calories from Fat 341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.5%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 48.9 mg
Sodium 1108 mg46.2%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.6%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 23 g46.1%
Vitamin A 53.7% Vitamin C 32.9%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak Ancho chilli in boiling water for 15 minutes, just to reconstitute them, and then chop them into slices. Set it aside.
2. In food processor, combine ancho chilli, tomatoes, garlic, and red onion. Blend.
3. Take a skillet and heat olive oil in it. Pour tomato mixture and cook for few minutes for the flavor to infuse.
4. In the meantime, line a baking sheet with foil, place tortilla strips on it, drizzle with olive oil, and toss well.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pop it in oven and broil for about 5 minutes or until crisp.
7. In the skillet, add chicken stock, rice and shredded chicken pieces. Mix and allow it to simmer. Cook until done.
8. Transfer soup to serving bowl, top it with tortilla, cheese, and avocado.
9. Squeeze lime juice, and serve tortilla soup hot.
You can use ancho chilli with seeds if you want your soup to be spicy.