- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tapas Night featuring Tortilla Española Recipe Video
|Potato||8 Medium (red skinned new potatoes)|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (as per taste)|
|Pepper||1 Tablespoon (as per taste)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186.1 mg
Sodium 817 mg34%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 10 g19.2%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 61.9%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop or dice potatoes and onion.
2. Heat medium sized skillet (10 inch) with 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Cook onion, potatoes and garlic in prepared skillet, until softened (not browned), over medium heat (approx. 10-15 minutes).
4. Crack and beat 8 eggs.
5. Combine softened onion, potato and garlic mixture with eggs in a mixing bowl.
6. Coat all sides of skillet with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and bring skillet back up to medium heat.
7. Return egg, onion, potato, garlic mixture to heated skillet.
8. Cover and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes, until firm.
9. With a plate equal to the size of the skillet, turn out contents of skillet onto plate, and return contents to skillet to cook top side (watch the video to see how it’s done!)
10. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes on low heat until cooked through.
11. When cooked through, slide the tortilla out of the pan and onto a serving plate.
12. Slice and serve immediately or at room temperature.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website