- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tortilla de Patata con Quelpo Japonés (Spanish Omelette) Recipe Video
|Potato||160 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Shuio kombu||10 Gram (salted kelp)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.2 mg105.7%
Sodium 128.3 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 47.1%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the potato in half lengthwise and then cut into thin slices.
2. Thinly slice the onion and mince the garlic.
3. In a 18cm (7inch) frying pan (or pot), heat the olive oil and saute the garlic until fragrant.
4.Add onion and potato, and saute until evenly coated with oil. Cover, turn the heat down to low, and slowly cook for about 10 min, stirring once until the potato slices are fork tender.
5. Stop the heat and let them cool until just warm or you can microwave them at 500w for 5 min.
6. Beat eggs in a bowl, add Shio-Kombu and the cooked vegetables and mix well.
7. In the same pan (add olive oil if necessary), pour the egg mixture into the pan and spread over the surface.
8.Cover and cook on low for about 10 minutes until you can flip the omelette without breaking it. Then cook the other side.
9. Serve it warm with some buttered toast.