- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tortellini Salad Recipe
|Cheese filled tortellini||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Prosciuttini/Other ham||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 3/8-inch slices|
|Smoked turkey||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 3/8- inch slices|
|Fresh peas/Defrosted frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Carrots||2 Medium, cut into 1 1/2-by-1/8- inch julienne strips|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, cut into 1 1/2- by-1/8-inch julienne strips|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Red leaf lettuce head||1 (For Lining The Platter)|
Calories 995 Calories from Fat 512
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.2%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.1 mg29.4%
Sodium 1511.8 mg63%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 46 g91.4%
Vitamin A 377.6% Vitamin C 122%
Calcium 26.1% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot, cook the tortellini in boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes for fresh, 10 to 15 minutes for frozen or dried.
2) Drain the tortellini into a colander and rinse under cold running water until cool.
3) Let drain tortellini for 5 to 10 minutes.
4) In a bowl, place the tortellini and toss with 1/4 cup of the oil.
5) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
6) Cut the prosciuttino and smoked turkey into 3/8-inch cubes.
7) Add these to the tortellini.
8) Add the peas, carrots and red pepper; cover and refrigerate until about 30 minutes before serving.
9) Shortly before serving, whisk together the parsley, and garlic in remaining 1/2 cup oil.
10) Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
11) In a serving bowl or individual plates, arrange the lettuce leaves around the edge and fill the center with the tortellini salad.