- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Pizza sauce||10 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Leaf oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Sliced provolone cheese||6 Ounce, cut into strips (1 Package)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Frankfurter rolls||6 , split, toasted|
Calories 732 Calories from Fat 475
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82%
Saturated Fat 19.5 g97.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.8 mg
Sodium 961.4 mg40.1%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 38 g76.1%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium-size bowl, mix together ground beef, 1/3 cup of the pizza sauce, salt, pepper, and oregano until well-blended.
2) Make 6 even mounds from the mixture and then figure each mound into a 6-inch round on a wax paper or foil.
3) Cover one half of each with cheese strips, dividing uniformly.
4) Fold up the other half of round to cover cheese completely and then figure into an oval about 6 inches long to fit frankfurter rolls.
5) Take a large frying pan; heat vegetable oil in it and brown the rolls.
6) Drain all fat from pan.
7) Spoon the remaining pizza sauce over meat and then simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
8) In each frankfurter roll, keep a meat roll.
9) Remove any fat from remaining sauce in pan.
10) Serve the sandwiches at once with the sauce handed over separately.